Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ooh-rah!


Today I finally did it! After months of debating the issue I went to Dick’s Sporting Goods in Beavercreek and bought a home gym. It set me back about five hundred dollars after I factor in the weights, which were sold separately, but it is an excellent piece of equipment. It has a lat bar, bench press, apparatus for chest exercises, a leg developer, a v-bar, and a number of other options. I can use it to develop every major muscle group. It is a smith machine, so its safety features agive me the choice of performing bench presses alone if I have to. I did my first workout on it tonight.

I plan to begin an aerobic program this week. The plan is to gradually get my body accustomed to a higher level of physical activity by adopting a routine that commences with progressively longer walks on the bike trails and culminates in a combination of cycling and jogging by next spring. My goal is to be as strong as I can be and drop my weight down into the 175-180 pound range. It would be fun to be able to participate in a number of the 5K runs next year!

I set up an account with ActiveBody.org. This site allows you to record your workouts and goals. It includes charts, a calendar, and graphs that allow you to track your progress toward your goals.

No comments: